rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Best home defense weapon (excluding firearms)

Best home defense weapon (excluding firearms)

I'm not a nunchaku expert, but I have used them. My impression is nunchakus are more about blocking and manipulating limbs and such than swinging strikes the way they do in the movies. For one, the nunchaku isn't very heavy so while it might hurt like a bitch to get whipped with one, you're not going to break bones larger than fingers. The other problem is the swinging end tends to bounce right back off the target and it isn't easy to control. It fucking hurts to have the swinging end bounce back and nail you in the hand. They're viable weapons in skilled hands but not in the way most people think.

They're also illegal in most places I've lived.

If you have a wood stove, or a fire pit, or any other reason to keep firewood around, here's a good tool that serves as a wicked weapon in a pinch:

[Image: attachment.jpg30223]   

They come in different lengths, 24-30-36 inches I think, and they're about $60. Great tools for moving chunks of firewood around without killing your back bending over time and again for hours. "I just grabbed the closest thing and defended myself." [Image: wink.gif]

Edit - The tool above is called a hookaroon, or a pickaroon sometimes. I wouldn't bother with the wood handled varieties, the tool tips are usually too fat to work well. Logrite makes them in blue as above, and Stihl sells the same thing in orange.

Messages In This Thread