rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Rapid Fat Loss Diet : A writeup

The Rapid Fat Loss Diet : A writeup

I tend to yoyo a bit on this diet too.

The thing is, even when you "yoyo", you're still losing like 3 lbs of fat a week.

The RFL diet is not the greatest diet to cut down to an extreme level of leanness. In fact, past a certain level of bodyfat percentage, it becomes a much bigger pain than it's worth.

The more I've used it, the more I realize it's most effective as a "slash and burn" approach. If you're tubbing around at 20-25% bodyfat, it is an excellent tool to get down to 15% in a hurry. I would say it's the best tool for this purpose; you see results right away and a month's worth of RFL dieting would take actual work to undo inside of 3 months.

Ironically, the kind of people Rapid Fat Loss would help are the same kind of people who would never do the diet aka giant fatties.

I've considered going on a mass training routine with a slight caloric surplus for 6 weeks and then "deloading" to do RFL for one week, after which I'll slowly dial up the calories.
Quote: (01-31-2016 01:42 PM)eatthishomie Wrote:  

I'm about halfway through the RFL handbook now, planning to start in March after doing a regular ketogenic diet in February as a test run (never been on a low-carb diet before).

Has anyone ever done this right off of a regular keto diet? Advisable? Or should I go back to 100-150g net carbs a day and maintain for some time beforehand?

No, but I don't see how it would hurt, unless you were already on some ridiculous caloric surplus. If you were just eating a regular keto diet, you should be fine.

You could do maintenance for a week or two if you're truly concerned (that's at minimum 100-150g carbs a day).

“I have a very simple rule when it comes to management: hire the best people from your competitors, pay them more than they were earning, and give them bonuses and incentives based on their performance. That’s how you build a first-class operation.”
― Donald J. Trump

If you want some PDF's on bodyweight exercise with little to no equipment, send me a PM and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Messages In This Thread