rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The No-Nonsense Guide to Cheaply Improving Your Pistol Skill

The No-Nonsense Guide to Cheaply Improving Your Pistol Skill

Great post, great topic. Men here on the forum should read it even if they dont own guns or shoot them often.

Back in the force I was issued a 9mm CZ. It had great action and good accuracy, but I just hated the fact that it had no safety at all. With a round chambered it was ready to go, so to be safe I used to carry it unchambered. (Handled prisioners sometimes so I feared one might try to take it from me) Which would have left me vulnerable during a sudden shootout. Never had any problems with it anyway but the tip on being sure to carry hot is good.

On ammunition: a 9mm will go through wood, drywall, etc, but also concrete cinderblocks and car doors. Practice making a fast assesment of any situation and make sure the background to your target is clear. At the shooting range we dont care where the misses go, but out there in the city a missing 9mm could hit someone going about his business 300 yds away. And another thing I would add, in an actual shootout, very few of the shots hit its actual target, so its really important to keep the background in mind.

Ditto on Mikans tip on exhaling when shooting. Somehow it helps keep the arms and hands steadier than when holding air in.

And dont subestimate the .22 pistol. A trained guy with a .22 is more dangerous than any of those hillbillies going all he-haw with their .50 cal handcannons on Youtube.

Messages In This Thread