rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

New York City: Losing My Religion

New York City: Losing My Religion

On paper, NYC seemed like an awesome place. Diversity in talent, plenty of work opportunities, walkable without a car, always something happening, etc.

But in reality for me at least, NYC was a huge disappointment. The things that really stuck out as a visitor:

1. The subway system is disgusting full of disgusting people. It's one thing if I had to deal with it every once in a while but I'd hate to have to rely on it everyday to get around (which I would if living there). Of all the train systems I've been on, BY FAR the most unpleasant and uncomfortable.

2. Way too many aggressive homeless and legit mentally ill people running around. Can't say I'm down with being confined to a subway car with real basket cases as what seemed like a semi-regular occurrence.

3. NYC women are mega sluts and the city has to be one of these easiest places on the planet to get consistent notches with decent looking but vapid American women. But if you want anything beyond a bang? Forget it. NYC is pump and dump central. In fairness though, it's not like the rest of the US has a ton of LTR quality women to begin with.

3a. One of the few redeemable qualities women wise: tons of variety in first and second generation immigrant women. Probably the most in raw numbers anywhere in the US. I wish this abundance existed in a more pleasant and cheaper US city.

4. Outside designated areas or areas that border water, virtually no nature integrated into the city landscape. I understand now what people meant when they described NYC as a "concrete jungle." I found it really unappealing.

5. Streets were pretty fuckin dirty in some parts (I know, lack of alleyways).

6. Getting to any airport is a pain in the ass.

7. While the NYC area has a lot of women, they really are spread all the fuck out everywhere between Queen, Brooklyn, Manhattan, and NJ. Unless you are in lower Manhattan, you will be logistically cockblocked from large segments of women. But lower Manhattan = LOTS of money needed.

I can see the appeal of NYC to the uninitiated but unless you are rolling in decent money (I'm talking minimum 200k+) and/or doing something unique that requires being in NYC, I don't know why any sensible person would live there for more than a few months, especially for the high cost. 3K for a crappy studio? 750K+ for a shitty 1bd co-op? High NY and NYC taxes? Crap weather most of the year? Dependency on a disgusting and overcrowded subway system to get around?

I get it... NYC has a pulse and vibe that is unique. But at what cost?

You could live like a king in much nicer international cities on the rent cost alone (3k/month) and with overall better women opportunities.

Messages In This Thread