rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Location Independence Journey: My Five Year Plan

Location Independence Journey: My Five Year Plan

On a positive note, lest I sound like I'm bitching about the smallest things, here are some updates about my progress:

Business

- Signed up for an exclusive freelance programmers community. Heavy screening process and lots of hoops to go through, unlike Upwork. If I make it through, I can see it being a good source of work and income.

- Two months ago I had sent a five figure estimate to a client for a mobile app. Client goes ghost. Written the job off, thinking I priced too high. But to my surprise, client emails me a few days ago asking for a face-to-face meeting. This fact alone makes me think they are thinking about paying that much. We shall see.

- I've reached out to my connections in a particular niche, and there may be some work coming down my pipeline. I responded to a RFP with a professional looking template response and an estimate. Low 5 figures. There may be competition for the job since it's an open RFP, though... but my connections and expertise with the niche should give me the edge here.

- Still doing small website and writing jobs as I receive them. They don't pay a living wage, but my hope with these small jobs is that they lead to a bigger portfolio and more experience to parlay to larger jobs. Testimonials and references, too.

- I still have not locked down a thousand-dollar+ job yet, but I feel I'm really close. Once I get over that hump, I should really be hitting my stride.

Other stuff

- Mainly focusing on locking down my diet and limiting alcohol. Exercise, cutting, and my goal is to drop a couple of inches off my waist. Got through the holidays without adding an inch, in fact losing about half an inch, which I'm happy with.

- I still have so much shit in my apartment, it's going to take time to unload everything. Thinking that instead of selling my car, I will just leave it with my relatives.

- I only have so much time during the day, so I am learning to be really selective in what I do each day. Most important stuff gets done as opposed to goofing around all day.

- Starting to make appointments with an audiologist and talking to insurance about coverage for a new hearing aid and a cochlear implant upgrade as mine is getting old. This will take a while, but hopefully should be all said and done by May or June.

Messages In This Thread