rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How many nights per week do you drink?

How many nights per week do you drink?

Very irregularly, I cut that shit out. Remember, alcohol is chemically a poison. Maybe once a month if it's a real good party (i.e. someone is buying bottle service, or I feel like splashing out and doing that in a high-end club).

At 30+ yrs I just dont need to be poisoning myself 2 out of every 7 nights. Road to ruin, especially for someone trying to better themselves and get somewhere in business, career, etc.

Just my view though. I know some people can handle it and grow old with it. To me it's poison to be minimised from now on though.

Ok here's me preaching: At 29 yrs old you're kind of at the fork in the road - keep drinking like you are, and you'll be significantly worse off in a few years than the guy who minimized his drinking, in terms of health, wealth and general life accomplishments. The brain doesn't work properly when you're poisoning it regularly. Just my 2c, feel free to ignore it though.

To transition, you need to just redefine what alcohol is for you. For me that means something for special occasions, and only then. Go two months totally sober and get used to being out while not drinking. Then just bring it back for the really worthwhile parties. For me, "worthwhile" has to be either a) a good friend throwing a big birthday party / getting bottle service, or b) a night where I want to buy a bottle and splash out. Any other night out, I don't drink.

Messages In This Thread