rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Santo Domingo Vs Medellin

Santo Domingo Vs Medellin

Quote: (01-19-2016 08:17 AM)Bananaman711 Wrote:  

I just read that hotels in DR are not "guest friendly", as in you are not allowed to bring anyone in unless they pay on top off what you already paid.
Most of my travels have been in Asia and I never had to deal with these issues, I usually book through booking.com and that per room which allows you to have a guest or 2 , its common sense as you are paying premium price.
It would be real pain in the ass to deal with reception staff when bringing chika back to your room, mood killer.

Any hotels around 50USD that don't charge fee for guests?What they usually charge, double?

"Guest friendly" in DR means that you can bring in a girl whose name was not registered when you checked in. The prices are generally "per room" but if you didn't register the other guest's name, non-guest-friendly hotels will require that you pay extra when you bring someone. Basically they just assume you are bringing in a pro and want to penalize you/have their cut. On the other hand, "guest-friendly" hotels don't care if you bring in anyone and don't charge extra.

You gotta confirm, preferably in person, that the hotel is "guest-friendly". It doesn't matter whether you book with booking.com or not. Usually the more expensive the hotel is, the more strict they are - but really there is no particular pattern, just gotta ask. The extra fee would be somewhere in the 30-50% range, but best to avoid it altogether. Usually a discreet bribe of $10 to the right hotel employee works fine but then sometimes it doesn't and then it sucks. There is nothing worse than getting a hot chica within feet of your bed and you are wasting time having to negotiate with some gimp at 3am.

By the way, in Colombia, all hotels (or at least absolute majority of them) charge "per person" and are definitely not guest-friendly, so one more minus to them in the comparison matrix.

Messages In This Thread