rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

SEA suggestions for starting with a big change?

SEA suggestions for starting with a big change?

Looking to make a big change this year finally. "Game" has improved my life so drastically over the past few years, but with my work coming to an end in a couple of months, and an LTR that ended over Christmas (no hard feelings - we both knew we have different directions to go), this year will make for an awesome opportunity to do something drastic.

I'm a 45 year old man - I don't party (no drugs, little alcohol) and am an introvert. Game level is 'decent', but cold approaches rusty after my LTR. "Bangs" aren't the top of my todo list - to me, it's about living life and being adventurous - those bangs will come later - and to me, it's really about forming mini relationships.

Any good suggestions for a place to start and get my feet wet in SEA? SEA appeals to me for the history and climate. It has the most of my "travel todo" items on it and I figure a good place to start.

I've got a few dollars in the bank ($600k), but don't want to piss it away needlessly and have to return to 'work' - if I return to work it needs to be from 'wanting' to. Also stuck with a $1k child support payment for maybe another 8 years (although it's more of a bonus fund the ex gets). I have skills with writing, photography and internet marking and can probably supplement my cost of living if and when needed though.

Looking to come up with a comfortable place to move to, but yet experience everything there is - and to not drop in the middle of a party atmosphere.

Chiang Mai keeps popping up in my research - but it sounds like I could end up in a place just full of expats instead. A place with water would be nice too!

Who's out there in similar shoes and has some great suggestions? I've got a lot of reading on the forum here to continue my research too, so any links or recommended reading material is appreciated. Then I'll just need to set a date and go!

Messages In This Thread