rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Injury tips

Injury tips

Quote: (01-04-2016 10:17 AM)T and A Man Wrote:  

History is 15 years of rugby. I know soreness vs injury quite well that's for sure. My first instinct was DOMS/muscle tear, due to the onset of pain taking so long. But DOMS would be gone by now.

Day five now, and I still cant sleep on the shoulder.

Also, I now lift weights more serious, have been for a couple of years.

Boxing, no real experience. I see the heavy bags can be brutal ehh? Sounds like too much too soon. I just never gathered the front of my shoulder was at risk, and of course was looking for an experienced guy to help me here.

Thanks

Ah ok cool, no problem, so you know what you're on about then! There are others much better qualified than me to give physio advice - you may well get an inbox message from one of them, but generally, like with minor weightlifting injuries, the best rehab is to start as quickly as possible back doing the movement that injured the muscle in the first place but with minimal resistance (think bodyweight squats if you tore a quad or something).

The front of the shoulder is where most repetitive strain issues occur in boxing, in my experience of myself and others I've trained with. I'm pretty confident I've done what you've done a couple of times. If you trust your technique, do very slow shadow boxing (think 25% speed), and just try to concentrate on letting your arm go through the range of motion. It should be very relaxed, cupped hands not a tight fist, just play really. Really concentrate on being loose and relaxed. I do this all the time and did when I was boxing regularly, and it kept my joints and muscles feeling good.

Messages In This Thread