rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Injury tips

Injury tips

Quote: (01-04-2016 08:27 AM)T and A Man Wrote:  

Hello all.

Looking for any guidance, not for "see the doctor".

I did a real heavy session on the bag about four days ago, really loading up on big right crosses.

I also used some new gloves. I'm of the belief this is more about wrists and elbows, but free to be corrected.

It was only six hours later I noticed some pain I my right shoulder, thinking it was DOMS. Woke up and quite sore, moreso at the front and top of delt.

Four days later, pain has mostly receded with a minor annoyance, pain increases when lift above 90 degrees and across my body.

Thinking its an AC strain/hyper extended or slightly torn conoid ligament.

I've just worn the pain,reckoning the acute pain is just now swelling pressing up against the clavicle. No sling, or specific rest, etc

Any ideas, tips?

What's your sports history, specifically with boxing? Have you got a long history of competitive sport behind you? The reason I ask is that very often people who come to hard training later in life have not developed a full appreciation of the difference between being 'sore', and being injured. The advice we can give will obviously depend on what your starting point is.

Are you a guy who has taught himself off the internet, or someone who trains boxing seriously in a gym with other fighters? Again, if you have bad technique or are relatively green with boxing, you've likely over extended yourself and are either extremely sore, or have a strain. If you're a seasoned pro, more detailed advice might be appropriate.

From the sounds of your post, and with no other knowledge to go on, I'd say it sounds like it is on the mend, and this would likely be helped by light shadow boxing with good technique (if you are self taught off the internet do not do this as you will only be repeating the bad technique that got you hurt in the first place). Other basic mobility stuff like gentle arm circles, light skipping, band dislocates, band face pulls etc would be where I'd start, assuming they did not cause pain, as opposed to soreness. The heavy bag is VERY hard on your joints, and should be use in moderation with good technique. If you can't ddo it with good technique, or try to do too much too soon, it will really make you pay.

Messages In This Thread