rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Making 6 figures in FL?

Making 6 figures in FL?

I am originally from the NY area, moved to SW Florida in 2000 and relocated to central FL in 2015. As for salaries, the Florida economy is dominated by tourism, agriculture, and home construction. Certainly, there are other business categories but those are the big ones. The big companies compete for talent on national level and therefore pay commensurate with one's skill and experience. The big companies absolutely toss in the weather as a point of consideration in their compensation package, but it is not a 50% consideration as indicated above (I presume that was in jest).

If you're making $120K as an entry level bond trader in NY, you are unlikely to find a comparable job / responsibilities / compensation package in central FL. If you are making that kind of $$ in the corporate accounting department, with supervision and decision making responsibilities then you are very likely to find a similar position here.

As for women, I have found that Orlando and Tampa offer similar opportunities to meet great women as you would find in other medium size cities. More central than those two, i.e. Lakeland, Sebring, Okeechobee and you will find a much smaller population. My own experience agrees with EM in that I have found the women to be be very friendly.

I have found that along with the very rural nature of the true central Florida, comes a lower expectation of education. I have jokingly mentioned that the online dating sites should add "Some High School" as one of the categories to their list of education levels in a profile for central Florida.

I would be happy to answer any specific questions you may have.

Messages In This Thread