rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Marrying conservative women from abroad and bringing them over to the west

Marrying conservative women from abroad and bringing them over to the west

Quote: (12-28-2015 08:24 PM)WestIndianArchie Wrote:  

Quote: (12-28-2015 07:36 PM)Onto Wrote:  

By all means though, give your wife the freedom of western culture. A career, her own friends (guys included), happy hours with her co-workers, girls night out, and all the rest. See how it goes. And what's the harm in a TV show anyway? Or a movie? It's just a story. Doesn't mean anything. It won't raise questions in her or give answers, right?

So the answer is light imprisonment?

You find your Svetlana in Odessa, bring her back her at the ripe age of 20.
Knock her up, and have her live in your house out in the burbs.

Far from friends and family, in a new culture, trapped in some suburb with children, while you're out working (and presumably getting some on the side)

That's game?

Hell no, it isn't.

WIA

Yea, keep her in a cage in the basement. Every once in a while, presumably you let her out to cook and clean. That's exactly what's being advocated. Come on, no need to gaslight here.

Ironically, my uncle did something pretty close to what you're satirically describing. I already spoke about this in the thread I linked to:

Quote:Quote:

My uncle, in his 50s at the time, brought over a Ukranian woman at maybe 20 years old who barely spoke any English. She seemed shy, but was a great cook and cleaned. My female relatives were up in arms, treating her and my uncle with contempt. Not because she was a bad woman, but looking back on it, because they didn't want any of their men to start getting the same idea.

Fast forward to today, he's in his late 60s and she's just turning 30. They just had a kid together. They look happy. How is this possible? I would venture a few guesses. My uncle is an attorney specializing in family and immigration law. That's a kind of soft power, where my aunt knows that whatever she'd try to pull, he'd be 3 steps ahead of her. The other thing is, she works for him as an assistant in his firm. It's just them. He's the boss, and because they spend all day together, he doesn't have to worry about her getting close with coworkers.

He's much older, but also has kept up pretty well for his age, and he's a charmer. They live out in the suburbs so her options aren't as wide. It could all change tomorrow, but she seems to have kept most of her old world values, and I think there's a decent chance it'll work out.

Thing is, she seems happier than most western women her age that I've met. She does have friends- my uncle's friends and family, some of which get along better now with her than they do my uncle. She does work- for my uncle, but now she's devoted to being a mother, and seems ecstatic about it. She does have entertainment- She seems introverted by nature, and happy enough to read Tolstoy and Dostoevsky.

But I guess she'd be better off out getting shitfaced and riding the carousel, eventually coming home to her family of cats when the music stops? Because that would probably be her endgame if my uncle was a pushover and indulged every one of her whims.

Messages In This Thread