rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Groningen impressions

Groningen impressions

I'm currently subletting a room in Groningen which is a major student city in the northern part of the Netherlands. The city has around 200,000 (a bit under) people and has a very big sprawly/suburban feel to it. Around half of it's inhabitants are students and I went out doing night game. The last weeks things have winded down for exams and holidays but I'll put some notes. This city was interesting for me as it gave me a good impression of Dutch girls as most students come here from all over the country.

Sorry if this seems a bit disorganized, but for those interested it should definitely help!

As this is a student city people go out very late ,full capacity is around 2am and parties end around 3 or 4,without a pre established social circle gaming is shitty. If I was studying here I could give you a more accurate report of the girls and what to do or not to do,but I'd say Roosh's standard world game ,the same used in Scandinavia and German speaking countries applies.

Now the part which has been the most disappointing for me.

If you like tall blondes this is a very good city,dutch girls seem the same as German or Austrian girls in terms of appearance,just more blue eyes,blonde hair and height. This country has the tallest girls I've ever seen!! however unlike Scandinavia it seems there is no huge ''dark'' advantage. This is most likely for two reasons,one the Netherlands ,even small cities have a high number of foreigners, the second is the fact your competition is very very tall. According to wikipedia the tallest in the world in fact. In Serbia there seemed to be more of a polarity with weird height distribution but here there aren't many people under 181cm who are dudes.

Day game is similar I'm sure

Venues, it seems the same people just go in and out of different venues,there isn't a bar/club that attracts a certain crowd since these are all students. The Erasmus crowd might be a good bet for ONS but after going to at least 50 or more Erasmus parties in Vienna,the average quality and cheesiness of the parties I just stopped. The same thing exists here also where ''inbittered'' Eastern European girls study in here as they did in Vienna. Dutchies will be your bread and butter.

However I've heard only never to go to these two places which also happen to be the biggest and probably only ''proper'' clubs due to their size. All night life is in the city center so everything is centrally located,there are a few smaller clubs,but bars have no entry.

Enzo and Kokomo

They just don't have good ratios and always have shitty events/cockfests

Bar game (smaller clubs or bars) seem better for night gaming. I talked with some Dutch guys who said the club thing is going the way of the dodo ,I've noticed Dutch people like a round more than to dance and seem to be even heavier drinkers than the Germans or Austrians. Gutter game (night street game) seems to not be very viable as people rather just bike home, and with wary social circles it isn't a good strategy.

When to go out,theres something going on pretty much every day of the week,predrinking around 11 or 12 and peak times,when people actually are there in decent numbers is around 2 or 3 am and things die down around 4 or 5am.

The best nights for going out are wednesday,thursday and friday. Weekends you get idiots from the villages who make it a cock fest.

This city is also the best city in the world for cyclists so if you don't have a bicycle,better buy one!!

Eating out in the Netherlands is pricey compared to most of Europe,do cooking and drink in bars ,drinking is very cheap

I'd most likely rate this city higher if I was a student,but it gets a average rating for those just passing by.

It's better to have a social circle before hand,people aren't to kind to latching on another social circle,similar to Germany in this sense ,people still are more extraverted.
Dutch girls are also extremely feminist in personality but have no issues with meeting non white dudes, I've seen this at night and also during the day see a lot of mixed race people which itself is the biggest proof in the pudding. Compared to Vienna,the girls were also racially tolerant but with the colonial history and immigrants who seem better integrated it seems outside the UK I've seen the most tolerant girls.

One thing that really seems to be the same where ever I go is that Eastern European girl studying in the west are never a good picture of the local country because of why they left in the first place. Even some locals who haven't been that much to Eastern Europe but see the foreign students here tend to have negative impressions of them. [Image: dodgy.gif]

Messages In This Thread