rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Considering Monasticism

Considering Monasticism

Considering the increasingly degenerating society we live in, perhaps we need to admit that society is lost. While it might (and that is a strong might) be possible for guys Roosh's age to settle down and have a more-or-less stable family life, that option will most likely not be possible for young men under thirty. Similarly, there are some of us around the manosphere (though not necessarily on this forum) who simply cannot subscribe to this lifestyle of hedonism that is seen both in and out of the 'sphere.

Perhaps for men such as myself who fit into these categories, the best way for us to move forward is monasticism. In recent weeks I have strongly considered becoming a priest in the Catholic faith. The Catholic church does indeed have many internal issues which must be resolved, and I'm not a big fan of Pope Francis and the direction he's taking the church, but compared to the majority of Protestant churches, Catholicism remains significantly less churchian. Similarly, it seems that in the past, whenever SHTF, monks were the ones who preserved what was good from the past amidst all the chaos around them. Perhaps that is my place in life: to be a preservationist. Since the average person no longer seems to care about acknowledging his own culture, let alone preserving the good things about it, it appears that it is up to a small minority to do this. And perhaps once this society falls, we will have preserved what was good about western culture and theology, and through our efforts aid the survivors in rebuilding civilization.

I am open to discussion about this topic, and would very much like to hear what my fellow forum members think about monasticism and religious life in general.

Messages In This Thread