rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

House in the suburbs - doable for a single man?

House in the suburbs - doable for a single man?

Hey BWS,

I purchased a house back in 2008 and sold it in 2013. I understand your position.

I worked in downtown Toronto and lived in Brampton East in a new built home. It was great to have the space. I hosted many UFC and NFL events at my place. I would have pre drinking affairs with my female friends before we went out on the night. Nice to have the backyard for BBQ's and chillin. I did some excavation on my front lawn and built in an extra interlocking driveway. I loved the house and those were some of the pros.

on the social life front, it will be an issue in some ways. Being a serial dater, I had a blast. I had great success meeting women from the GTA (other suburban areas like Mississauga, Richmond Hill, Burlington, Pickering...etc). These women all had cars, their own pad so it was not a big deal with these women if they had to drive to my place. But the pool of these women was a bit restricted. The larger pool, downtown Toronto, has all the action! I had success there but in a frustrating sense. Women I hooked up with, involved me picking them up from their condos in downtown/uptown or meeting them at Yorkdale subway station. After a while, this got very annoying. Now, other women I tried to hook up with in Toronto, got turned off instantly once they heard I was out in the Suburbs. Some of them have that mentality where they prefer their geographical bubble...and it was a very small bubble as some have said they would not go even North of Bloor to date men. Also, Toronto men have said the same thing when meeting and dating women.

If your a young cat, the commute should not be a problem. If you have a large social circle and get out often then the distance for friends and some women you come across won't be that big of a deal.

Good Luck!

Messages In This Thread