rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

House in the suburbs - doable for a single man?

House in the suburbs - doable for a single man?

Quote: (11-23-2015 10:17 AM)blacknwhitespade Wrote:  

This is my idea, I'm just concerned about how feasible successfully renting out and collecting enough money to launch myself elsewhere is. There's also the logistics factor, like another poster mentioned, should I need to return to the USA to attend to rental matters.

If I move elsewhere, I could also always sell it within a year and still make a little money off it.

Would love to hear some people chime in and share experiences and strategies of how this has been done.

Real estate is what I'm doing and I get to be overseas enjoying the good life for half the year, it's wunderbar.

Re: feasibility of renting out = Don't manage it yourself, research for a trustworthy real estate agent and let them take care of that, the rental income will be in your designated account each month. Yes they take a cut/commission, but it's worth it, especially if you're overseas.

Re: selling it for a quick buck = In my experience, better to buy and hold long-term. Not sure about taxes when selling in the US but they're a factor here in Aus. Real estate is often a game of patience.

Messages In This Thread