rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

I'm sick of Rhonda Rousey!

I'm sick of Rhonda Rousey!

I'm a Rousey fan, but I saw the Holm fight as a "typical liberated bar slut" vs. a midwestern religious girl, and I'm glad Holly won. Holly seems like a genuinely good person who is just here to fight.

But more than that this is a huge blow to women's MMA. The reason it was as popular as it was is because you had one girl cleaning up her division like no one had ever done. While I'd argue that she was a badass at it and impressed me, she wasn't this ultimate dominator like she was hyped to be. Anderson Silva's reign was more impressive in a lot of ways, and so was BJ Penn's, so was Renzo Gracie's, and so was GSP's based on the talent these guys faced.

Fans act like the women's divisions are as stacked as the men's and it's just as impressive to dominate them, but it's not. People forget that the hype was starting to get to Ronda and she started believing she could be some kind of role model who knew what was best for people. The girl is a fighter. She's a great fighter, but she isn't a once in a lifetime thing. And no one could have known that until tonight.

Holm deserves it more. She stuck to her style and made Ronda look like a god damn amateur with that boxing.

Quote:PapayaTapper Wrote:
you seem to have a penchant for sticking your dick in high drama retarded trash.

Messages In This Thread