rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Ronda Rousey admitted to beating up her ex, so should we be outraged?

Ronda Rousey admitted to beating up her ex, so should we be outraged?

Quote: (11-11-2015 02:16 PM)OGNorCal707 Wrote:  

Is the popularity of female MMA the epitome of how western women have become masculinized? I've talked to other guys in the gym about this and a lot of them think it's "cool", while I make the argument that fighting is the realm of the masculine, the masculine it the realm of men, to me there is nothing "cool" about female cage fighters. It's especially telling that you're seeing ones that are actually kind of hot and would otherwise appear to be very dainty and feminine like that Page Van Zant chick who are getting into cage fighting. I'd much prefer it if they stuck with volleyball, ballet, ice skating, etc., traditionally feminine pursuits.

I agree, I think its odd to see chick vs. chick MMA as there is no honor in a woman being able to beat anyone up. Would I pay to see two men in an ironing or sandwich making contest vs. each other?

Or more accurately...if we have women's MMA, who not kids MMA? and I don't mean classes, and instruction I mean celebrated contests. I think I would be as repelled at seeing some 8 year old knee some other kid's face in with a cheering crowd in the background as I am seeing some woman do it to another. There is nothing to celebrate. Just like Caitlin Jenner.

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV

Messages In This Thread