rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Missouri football players sitting out games until President resigns

Missouri football players sitting out games until President resigns

Quote: (11-09-2015 04:16 PM)Mr. Brightside Wrote:  

Quote: (11-09-2015 03:50 PM)frenchcorporation Wrote:  

You can make more than that working in a grocery shop, these guys are top shelf atheletes

I just googled "college football revenue" and came across this: http://uk.businessinsider.com/college-fo...?r=US&IR=T

3.4 billion and theyre getting paid 25,000 to put their health on the line?

Chump change.

The program makes $80 million a year, mostly from ticket sales, rich boosters, and TV deals. These athletes are already incredibly privileged and spoiled. The $25,000/year is just the tuition/room and board. They get free clothes, school supplies, tutors that basically do all of their school work for them, free travel and lodging, free meal and snack benefits, an incredible amount of connections, and a degree. That means 18 and 19 year olds are earning more than most Americans because they're good at a ball game and people like to see them play because of the names on the FRONT of their jerseys, not the back.

I don't think universities should, all of a sudden, become professional sports franchises who will put academics and research even more on the back-burner. That's certainly not what society needs, in my opinion.

You keep using the word free, I'm not sure you understand what it means.

They are bringing in millions of revenue, they are getting stuff that they have earned

[Image: free-model.jpg]

Quote: (11-09-2015 04:18 PM)achromaticmike Wrote:  

...not to mention the intrinsic value of all the 18-22 y/o pussy being thrown at them.

Pussy won't pay their medical bills if they get injured and get dropped.

Messages In This Thread