rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Martial arts/Brazilian jiu jitsu for guys with no anger issues?

Martial arts/Brazilian jiu jitsu for guys with no anger issues?

Quote: (11-16-2014 08:39 PM)Yeti Wrote:  

I'm looking for guidance both from guys who have anger issues and guys who don't have anger issues, who practice martial arts and specifically Brazilian jiu jitsu.

It seems like guys with anger issues tend to do well with martial arts/Brazilian jiu jitsu to help them resolve their stress. If they don't keep up with their trainings, the darkness starts to take control again and they get irritable and angry.

My question is, what about guys who don't have any anger issues? I am a pretty laid back guy and am probably going to start training BJJ soon. But I'm concerned that I am not aggressive enough - that I'm going into the wrong arena, that I should pick up weight lifting instead to up my testosterone.

Can anyone provide guidance?

The pro guys I spar with display no signs of anger issues at all. You develop a switch, I also do not have anger issues but when it's time to spar you flip that switch. When you realize that you aren't trying to kill the guy, but do want to win you start to learn to utilize and create that key aggression.

Messages In This Thread