rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

I have no personal connection with anyone

I have no personal connection with anyone

Quote: (08-11-2015 06:30 PM)norebly Wrote:  

25, living in major east coast city, working full time in analytics and IT, living almost in the heart of the city. Pretty good conditions all around.

I used to work in IT analytics/business intelligence, and one of the benefits was that I had to work with different people in different departments. This means that there are tons of opportunities for socializing and interacting with people (fuck the IT stereotype).

Every single morning, when I arrived to the office, I would go to at least one person's office/cubicle and say good morning and chat for 3-5 minutes. I eventually made this a daily habit where I would spend the first 15-30 minutes of my day chatting to people. Sure it lowers your productivity a little bit, but I loved the social interaction and I think it actually made me more productive after since I'm not a morning person and the conversations put me in a good mood.

I know socializing with coworkers isn't exactly what you're looking for, but social interaction and building connections with people are acquired skills(for people like me anyway). I used to be awkward as fuck until I realized I don't want to be this way, so I went out of my way to improve myself.

Coworkers are a very easy group of people to socialize with, if you take the initiative.

Messages In This Thread