rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Opening a Chinese restaurant (outside of the US)

Opening a Chinese restaurant (outside of the US)

I am no Chinese food or restaurant expert, but one thing I've noticed is that most local Chinese restaurants have almost the exact same menu, including buffets. This has been true in every state I've either visited or lived. Chains like Panda Express spruce up the menus and dishes, but the food is still very similar to the local Chinese places.

One time I saw a large truck delivering to the Chinese place near my work. The side of the truck said Asian Foods.

After a little research, I found out they are a division of Sysco based in St. Paul and deliver to over thirteen hundred Chinese restaurants throughout the Midwest. I'm sure Sysco has other divisions serving the rest of the U.S market.

What this means is that both chains like Panda Express and local restaurants get the same frozen and packaged food sent to them. Local places use the same large suppliers like Sysco, which is why the menu looks and tastes so similar. Chains probably use the exact same suppliers but with one difference. The supplier will OEM for their brand since they can afford the large quantities and costs of doing so. That's why Panda Express sells their own branded sauces and what not.

Look for a supplier and distributor of Chinese food in the region and you will be able to sell the same dishes that are being sold all over the U.S.

Messages In This Thread