rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Quality of Life: Los Angeles vs NYC

Quality of Life: Los Angeles vs NYC

Quote: (08-09-2015 02:56 PM)GlobalMan Wrote:  

Quote: (08-09-2015 02:45 PM)Merenguero Wrote:  

Quote: (08-09-2015 02:39 PM)GlobalMan Wrote:  

Quote: (08-09-2015 02:27 PM)TheBMan Wrote:  

Wow, that seems like a pretty good price for a good sized 1br near the beach

There are some good values in CA. Long Beach is another area. A few years ago I paid $650 for a studio also a block from the beach.

I paid $700.00 for a one bedroom five blocks from the beach. If you have a car, parking is horrible in Long Beach. If you live and work within the city limits, I really don't see the point in having a car. This theory that you can't live without a car in the Los Angeles area is not true. Maybe if you are in the valley or Burbank or somewhere. In most parts of coastal Southern California you can get by without a car, especially if you live close to where you work.

God yes, parking is difficult. I really had to consider did I really need to take that trip, or would it be better to keep my spot? I ended up just walking or riding my bike most places. luckily the Vons was only about 3 blocks away. I worked at home, so really I could have just sold my car.

Was that the Vons around Belmont? If so, you and I probably lived in the same area. They used to do this thing once a week where they would make people move their cars from one whole side of the street in order to sweep the street. If you didn't move your car, you got a really expensive ticket. I don't think they towed people. On the days where they did that, parking was at its worse, because roughly one half of the parking was not able to be used and I would often have to park a half mile or so away from where I lived.

Messages In This Thread