rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Pro Cycling Thread

The Pro Cycling Thread

Quote: (07-14-2015 07:13 AM)amity Wrote:  

@Chunnel If you're still around bro, what are your thoughts on the Tour de France right now?
It's looking pretty good for Froome, none of his challengers are currently looking strong enough to beat him, although Quintana might still have a shout in the mountains.
You reckon Cavendish can take green or will Sagan or Greipel's consistency win the day?
Has the young Eritrean lad any chance of holding onto to the King of the Mountains?
It's been an exciting Tour so far, hopefully we can get this thread going again now!

Shoot man, I just saw this.

I really wanted Quintana to pull it off on d'Huez. Unfortunately in the back of my mind I knew how futile an attempt it really is. Personally, its a shame how much GT racing has come to limiting losses. At least the Vuelta is usually more open for les puncheurs to make things interesting.

Chapeau to Telkehaimot. I've been wanting him to succeed the past several years, being a legitimate non-white African contender. Honestly, I'd love to see the rail-thin Kenyan, Ethiopian, Eritrean marathoners drop their running shoes and pick up a bike. You teach them how to ride in a group, and they'd probably dominate the high terrain just like the Colombians did when they first came over to Europe. It would provide a surge to the Grand Tours that I think they desperately need. There was a Bicycling Magazine article about that several years back. Wish I kept the article, it was a very good read.

Messages In This Thread