rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How long can my body hold up a poor lifestyle?

How long can my body hold up a poor lifestyle?

Quote: (08-05-2015 07:56 AM)The Beast1 Wrote:  

Is it safe to say that if one continues a weight lifting regiment well into his 30s and 40s along with a healthy diet then all of the stuff IKE posted wouldn't come true?

What WAS a healthy ( non fattening ) diet for me at 27 was NOT at 34 because I had a desk job instead of a student life with more time for running and less stress to tire me out. I can't really answer your question, except one thing I think I did wrong was drinking regularly , although who knows I might have been under more cardiac stress.

Now that I'm semi-retired I can still only go to gym about half my days, I'll start to feel overtrained -- aches, heavy legs-- unless I do pretty frequent rest days. There has definitely been a very clear decline from late 40s to late 50s. There's hardly anyone posting here older than 55, that should tell you something. I noticed the same thing with amateur bicycle racing-- there's like 1/8 the guys there in the over-55 class than in the 35-45 class.

But now with now alcohol and VERY little carbs I am slimming down. I eat one VERY small bowl of oatmeal OR rice a day(about 2-4 rounded tablespoons dry before cooking) , no sugary stuff, and drink about 8 oz of milk in protein shakes.

Messages In This Thread