rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Health: Growing out hair

Health: Growing out hair

Quote: (08-06-2015 07:46 AM)roberto Wrote:  

Quote: (08-06-2015 07:20 AM)H1N1 Wrote:  

A bump, as I notice Hades never did make it back to post his pictures of badass long hair. I've decided to grow mine out. I always have mid length hair (can pull the front down to below my eyebrows), and have never gone longer. My hair is VERY thick - Whenever I get it cut the girl always says it is the thickest she has ever had to deal with.

Currently my hair is about 5 fingers long. I don't know whether to keep the back trimmed at all whilst the top grows out, or whether just to let it flow long and free and deal with looking like a damn hippy for a while. I'm hoping that in another 3 months I'll be over the worst of the awkward stage.

I think someone mentioned it above, but I'm going initially for the Cullen Bohannon length/Jax Teller length initially. I've also been growing the Jax Teller style facial hair for the last 6 weeks, so hopefully I'll be able to start giving that a bit of shape in another month or so.

Anyone with more tips/moral support and encouragement, don't be shy!

Thick hair let to grow long can be hell to manage. Best tip from when I had long (and exceptionally thick) hair is to not use any form of shampoo. This just causes it to go dry and all over the place. To keep it looking decent during the day in the 'awkward in-between stage' as alluded to by posters above, I was a big fan of the humble hosepipe. Just rinse it- something about cold water with no chemicals seems to keep it in check.

Also, get a sweat on. Then rinse cold. Looks way better than if you ponce it up with shampoo and conditioner.

My buddy has just grown his out, and it looks great. Took him about a year I guess, it's shoulder length now. He started in winter and used a hat to cover it up during the first stages.

That's the concern mate - it's a long process, and I might just look shit at the end of it. I think long hair looks good on the right blokes, but you never know whether you can pull it off until you get there. Plus friends and family tend to be negative, either just because mates take the piss, or because family has a certain vision of how you fit and who you are, that may not necessarily be congruent with how you see yourself. Only time will tell I guess.

Messages In This Thread