rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Giving up your seat for women

Giving up your seat for women

Quote:Quote:

I don't know if I know which specific circumstances. Some of it depends on my mood. If I don't want to, I don't, and I don't feel bad. We can't really know by just looking at a woman if she is one of the beasts that should not be fed. How can that be determined beforehand? Should it?

If we start looking at women on the train trying to figure out who might be unworthy then the whole exercise has become far too involved.

I sympathize with the story you told, I've experienced similar. Some of the things though like this, in my opinion, just need to be chocked up to a shitty individual or circumstance. Otherwise where does it leave us? Becoming bitter, scanning trains for things we cannot know, and refusing to do things we used to want to and that make society more livable.

No, we can't know if she is an entitled beast just by looking, that's for sure. And it's not about looking on the train trying to figure out who is unworthy or not. The people who are "worthy", when they appear, based on your own standards, you will know.

I agree this was a particular instance with a shitty individual, but by and large her overt actions represent the very entitlement that is embedded into the fibers of the vast majority of women. Some women just express it differently.

It is not about being bitter, it is not about scanning trains for things we cannot know. And does giving up your seat for a woman really make society more livable? Such a thing is debatable.

As far as refusing to do things "we used to want to", not the case for me. I was never really a fan of this chivalrous gesture. We only "used to want to" do it because it was a gesture that was passed down and programmed into us. I remember too many instances growing up, as a boy, and even as a young man (which I still am), where I gave my seat up to obviously healthy young women, and I did so grudgingly. I did so because I thought it was the "right" thing to do, because I was told by my elders who I trusted and believed in that a man should give his seat up for a woman. My beliefs have since changed.

Each man has his own standards I suppose. This I respect. As for the woman in the video though, I wouldn't even look twice. Her and her bag can stand all the way home.

Oh yeah, and Neo>>>>>>>>>>>Keanu Reeves.

Messages In This Thread