rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Rousey Vs Mayweather

Rousey Vs Mayweather

Quote: (07-26-2015 11:56 AM)H1N1 Wrote:  

Most MMA fans and casual practitioners, in the West (perhaps I should have added that caveat) appear to be middle class whiteboys, and Daddy foots the bill for their expensive BBJ/Muai Thai cross training. I lived, and regularly trained, with a semi pro MMA fighter for 2 years, and met a great many MMA guys through that friendship.

I am a middle class whiteboy, who has spent many years boxing in some very rough gyms where middle class white guys are in short supply.

I don't think it was a racist statement, and I think yours was a fairly trite response. Arguably it was crass, if you really have such a depth of experience with the background demographics of MMA fans and non-elite fighters that you can confidently contradict what I say. If you do, surely you can come up with something better than 'that's racist'. If my statement does hold water, which in my experience it does, then it is to all intents and purposes a true statement, and I fail to see how the truth can be racist. Did you mean, 'I do MMA and you hurt my feelings'?

Edit: Incidently, I do not actually like enough people to be able to afford to be racist, skin colour would be a disqualifier too far and life would become terribly lonely.
You fail to see how judging a whole demographic of people (middle class white people) based on their race is racist?? Well Then I suppose there is no point in furthering this discussion with you.

However if you must continue trying to explain to me how that statement is not racist please do so over pm, as not to hijack this thread.

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

Messages In This Thread