rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Rousey Vs Mayweather

Rousey Vs Mayweather

Quote: (07-26-2015 05:52 AM)H1N1 Wrote:  

I can't believe there is so much debate about this.

1. The pool of talent for female MMA is tiny, just as the pool of talent for female boxing is tiny. This is true for all female fighting sports. Any woman champion in MMA has likey fought very few people to reach that spot, even fewer of quality.

2. The pool of talent, amateur and professional, for the weight divisions between 126-154lbs, where Floyd has been Golden gloves champion, state champion, world champion - that pool of talent is HUGE. There will be more competitive guys at one weight class in amateur boxing in a single state than there will be for the entirety of female MMA, across all weight divisions, globally.

3. I don't think people necessarily appreciate just how capable a guy who makes it to world champion elite levels of boxing is. Someone like Mayweather is a bad motherfucker. All this 'he'd need to learn judo/BJJ' business is way off the mark, in my view. Mayweather is a fighter, he can fight. You change the rules and he'll adapt. The idea that because someone 'doesn't have a ground game' in the sense of BJJ or whatever, that he would be sunk on the floor, is simply not true.

4. To take the example someone gave above, anyone who knows anything about James Toney would tell you that 10 years ago, if you'd put him in a ring with whoever that MMA fighter was, it would likely have been murder. Boxing rules may well have been invented simply to protect guys like that from James Toney. He grew up a fighter on the streets of Philli. The first day he walked into a boxing gym (no boxing training previously), he whupped a top rank prospect with 46 wins on his record.

If Mayweather fought Rousey, it would be a barbaric, one sided, murder. There is no dimension or parallel universe where there is any other result.

Finally some people in this thread making sense, nice breakdown by the way. To add to his post, in MMA last time I checked you are allowed to throw a punch. If that's the case all Floyd would have to do was throw a decent jab and it would be lights out for Rousey.

Messages In This Thread