rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

New York City: Losing My Religion

New York City: Losing My Religion

Quote: (07-25-2015 04:51 PM)whiteknightrises Wrote:  

Quote: (07-25-2015 04:33 PM)drasticallyspeaking Wrote:  

I'm planning on spending a month or two in NYC to get a feel since I've never been there. For me the biggest draw would be that I would be able to build savings more quickly there than in Tier 2 cities in the US or in Europe. And then 5-10 years from now have money for an apartment, house, or just investment income and earlier retirement.

But my target girl is pretty much always 18-24, is into relationships or at the very least one guy at a time, not a different cock every Thursday night, and as I've been traveling Europe for the last 6 months I've also come to realize that German and Scandinavian women are actually the most beautiful to me by far. Simple statistics tell me that my odds of finding these type of women are far better in Minneapolis than in Brooklyn.

This is really just the ultimate dilemma a lot of posters here face everyday. Money or girls. The best places for one seem to often be the worst for the other.

Just wondering how you guys think those two factors come into play in NYC in particular, especially when you're not looking for tons of notches with club rats but rather more innocent, non-jaded women. Is there anyone there who feels like they're sacking away fat stacks but that it's eating away their soul? Or that they they're disappointed by the caliber of the women? Basically trying to decide if it's worth it for the money. If I gave zero shits about building savings and wealth I think I'd probably stay in Stockholm cause the women are so close to my ideal and the quality of life is pretty great (though it's winter now, maybe I'd sing a different tune come December).

Can you elaborate on how you are piling fat stacks of cash / amassing tons of savings when NYC has one of the highest living costs in the world?

Thanks!

I'm not doing so now - it is a hypothetical based on salary ranges for my field which are at around 100-120k / yr in NYC and assuming I would live in one of the outer boroughs with roommates.

Whether you believe me or not (and whether its true for your particular field or not), by my calculation I can still save more in a year in NYC (and a few other cities in the US) than in a city of 500,000, even after accounting for higher cost of living.

Messages In This Thread