rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

New York City: Losing My Religion

New York City: Losing My Religion

Quote: (07-24-2015 10:09 PM)whiteknightrises Wrote:  

For dudes who are living in Manhattan,

Just curious - what do you guys do for work? It is pretty damn hard to have your own place in anywhere reasonably desirable (looking at like mid 2000's and up at least for your own studio in a nice building/area)

The housing cost in NYC is high, but isn't much higher than Boston or DC for a good apartment.

The benefit is that the salaries are generally much higher for almost every position because employers know it's NYC and you'll have to be compensated a bit more to offset the higher expenses. Salaries in Boston aren't what they are in NYC and lots of younger types like myself are stuck spending a higher percentage of our salary on rent.

I have been looking to find something in DC in my field with comparable pay and it's just not possible really. As much as everyone hates on DC I enjoy the city and find myself substantially less burnt out when I'm sent there for work. The women leave a little bit to be desired, but I have built up a small harem of Latinas that make the city quite enjoyable.

NYC is easy to rack up notches but there is zero substance to much of it. As much as I like getting laid, sometimes I want something besides getting 2 drinks and bouncing to fuck. Now, it is easy to get substance with less attractive girls, but that's not something I'm interested in obviously.

Messages In This Thread