rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

New York City: Losing My Religion

New York City: Losing My Religion

Excellent post by Dantes and a great response by Getdownonit. Both are good men that I’ve had the chance to hang out with on the regular here in NYC.

I’ve been here in NYC for 6 years, and have no illusions of finding my future wife here. There are too many things to do, too many options on both sides, and so many distractions and roadblocks to making something real happen. Every year I spend a little more time out of the US, and get to see what foreign women are like. I love NYC, but prefer what I’ve seen out there. As others have said, NYC is probably the best city in America if you want a variety of women and enjoy city life. It does chip away at your soul though, to go through the same motions with the speed of life and the women here. Different faces yet many of the same conversations and bangs.

One thing I’ve found solace in is building a life that doesn’t just focus on getting pussy. Exploring interests such as biking/cooking/art/travel/reading has made this city considerably more enjoyable. I don’t really game as much as in previous years, unless I feel the hunger.

In fact, I’ve spent more of my energy in the last year trying to build the NYC community here through the forum by throwing meet-ups, hosting folks at my pad or at bars for drinks / pre-gaming, and sometimes even cooking dinner for those lucky enough to try my eats. I recently hosted a men’s only dinner at my crib for about 5 forum members, and think that doing stuff like that is a great way to slow the city down, chill out, and get to actually know each-other as men.

I didn’t intend for the meet-ups to be just about game and wingmen, but to rather to connect you like-minded men and build a community. Developing those personal connections outside of game can make this tough city more live-able. Roosh did mention in his speech that developing those friendships and relationships are an important part of a fulfilling life, especially for an aging player.

I encourage those out here in NYC to make the city a little smaller by building some good friendships and throwing their own little "tribal" gatherings.

No man is an island...

- Clint Barton

Messages In This Thread