rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Accidentally did a day approach, arranged date...and she flaked

Accidentally did a day approach, arranged date...and she flaked

I was walking home from the supermarket at around 230 the other day and saw two girls and a guy petitioning for some candidate or cause. I went up to them and said "I gotta give you guys credit for getting out there and doing stuff." They responded "awww thank you" and then we were separated by a bus stop. Then I said something like, "However, I oppose that and I look forward to seeing you lose again." One of the girls said "Here, take my information." and handed me a card with her name, email, and number on it. I thought WTF but took it anyway and walked on.

Two days later, I called her and reminded her who I was and she was happy to hear from me, and asked my name. She had partially misunderstood what my stance was. So I clarified and she say oh ok. And then I probably should have asked her out there, but I asked why she gave me her number, and she said she wanted to talk politics and stuff with me. I said "Sure, when?" She offered the next day or the day after (kinda desperate?) and I said "Well, I have work tomorrow and then I am going to (this community event)."

"Can I come??"

"Sure" and then I explained it and we arranged to meet at my place since its a short walk. And then she said "Well I look forward to seeing you again." I replied "Yea same" or something like that and then Bye and hung up.

I came home from work, got ready, waited for her to show up, and she never did (as far as I can tell—the doorbell didnt ring, but its a few apartments to one door). She did not call or anything, however, I may have gotten an attempted voicemail, but I cant tell and the number did not show. I got ready to go and texted her "Hey ____ I got home late, and Im going now" No reply so far.

I went to the event anyway and it was well worth it, so I am not really disappointed, but what the heck. I thought maybe my close to the phone call was a bit weak and not as aloof as it could have been. But then today, I thought maybe she was scared off by coming to my house. The neighborhood is a little sketchy (but the whole city is really), but the only way to know that would require having been here, which is doubtful since her area code is out of state. I never even intended for her to come in. Its weird to have her go from seeming so desperate and excited to a complete womp. But at least I approached, even if it was not my intent, and at least I arranged the date. More practice for next time.

Any thoughts on what went wrong?

Messages In This Thread