rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

South of Spain

South of Spain

just back from a trip to the south of Spain, Sevilla, Cordoba, then down to the coast, Conil de la Frontera, Zahara de los Atunes, Cadiz and Tarifa, was there with my gf so no playing around but just a few observations:

- end of Sept/start of Oct and it's still 30 degrees plus (in the cities) and high 20s Celsius on the coast, bliss
- cheap (compared to Ire & UK) and great food and local beers and wine are all very acceptable
- plenty of cultural stuff to do if that's your bag, the old part of the aforementioned cities are all well worth visiting, 'La Carboneria' in Sevilla is a must if you have even a passing interest in music and dance
- beautiful uncrowded beaches along the Costa de la Luz, Tarifa is also fantastic for kitesurfing and windsurfing and has a younger crowd than the somewhat coupley/family oriented Conil de la Frontera
- not many critters to bother you, worst that happened me was a badass cricket that tried to hijack my alfresco drink one night!
- was not that impressed with the women in general, in any of the places I was in, perhaps this was due to it being at the end of the highs season; one thing I noticed (particularly in Conil de la Frontera) was the amount of mediocre women who were with good looking guys, this applied to both tourist couples (mostly German and Dutch, some British) and also to many of the Spanish couples I saw, in many cases the guy was a full 3 points higher on the scale - maybe I'm just more observant these days, but it was quite an eye opener....

Messages In This Thread