rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Preparing for Brazil

Preparing for Brazil

Hey all!
New member here, greetings from Ontario, Canada. First off, great forum and discussions here as has been stated by many, very useful.

I'm landing in Rio Jan 12, planning on spending 1.5-2 months in Brazil. I am sticking in Rio for two weeks which seems like you can get by some-what on english but from what im reading it would be gameless and downright lame to not know some basic Brazilian portugese phrases. My problem is, since i'm spending a good 3-4 months afterwards in Spanish speaking countries (argentina, colombia, etc) i've been rosetta-stoning it up desperately since june trying to learn some spanish whilst working my job to pay for this trip.

Since i've been focusing on Spanish, but in Brazil need Portugese, I was thinking of picking up the lonely planet brazilian phrase book, any experience with it?
Any other suggested readings to learn basic phrases to help me game Brazilian girls?

I don't really want to switch gears and full out learn portugese because i feel it would hamper my spanish progress. All i'm looking for really is enough to get the conversation going with Brazilian girls who speak some english but appreciate the effort, and then switch gears over to english. Basically what the majority of posters here seem to be doing. Also, enough to get me by to travel to less english speaking areas of Brazil.

Sorry for the long post, we canadians, like to talk eh

Messages In This Thread