rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

2012 Election: Who do you think will win?
012 Election: Who do you think will win?
Quote: (10-16-2011 05:30 PM)playa_with_a_passport Wrote:  

Quote: (10-15-2011 02:55 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Quote: (10-14-2011 07:06 PM)OGNorCal707 Wrote:  

Quote: (10-14-2011 06:50 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Question for people on Herman Cain:

I like the cat. He seems funny.

But then I read that he admitted to shying away from the Civil Rights Movement when he was the perfect age to be participating.

He basically stayed indoors while others fought.

I am not African-American so I am in no place to judge the guy.

I was curious to the brothers on here what they think of him on this point?

Seems to me to be a pretty weak move.

Can't America produce a politician with a decent resume and track record?

I'm not black so excuse me if I offend any of the forums' brothers or ruffle any feathers, but to me this Herman Cain guy is a textbook Uncle Tom.

Anyone have some more feedback on Herman Cain?

This doesn’t necessary make him an Uncle Tom without knowing more about him. Did he not participate because he was subservient to Whites or because protesting was going to fuck his money up? After all, there’s such a thing as fighting for the “Struggle” from behind the scenes and covertly. Maybe he has mentored countless of Black executives and helped them “come up” but for obvious reasons he can’t go out and brag about it without alienating the tea baggers. He did go hard after Perry over “NiggerHead-gate.” Something that I did not expect him to do. Although he’s no Obama in the oratory department he does hold is own against the other candidates.

Barry is going to win. I know that the past is no indication of future performance but anybody who has ever run for anything from Class president to The President knows that incumbency is a powerful thing. In the last 40 years only 2 presidents have lost a second term(Carter, Bush I) They were both defeated by likeable and extremely charismatic individuals(Reagan, Clinton ) i.e. Game. Romney is not even on the same league as Reagan and Clinton, he sounds like an annoying MetLife insurance salesman trying to sell you their crappy whole life insurance policy.

I actually think Cain might have a shot of winning the whole enchilada against Obama. He’s folksy, charismatic and likes to tell stories. He grew up poor in the South so he can relate to middle class /poor voters and has the credibility to bullshit them about upper mobility and the virtues of hard work. Also, as a Black Man he’s has a very non-threatening disposition and doesn’t shy away from criticizing Blacks. He reminds me of Danny Glover before he went Angry Black Man over the yellow the cabs and Morgan Freeman, two actors who were always typecast as Magic Negroes. Cain has been on top of the polls for about two weeks now, if he stays on message with that 9-9-9 shit and keeps the momentum going and no major skeletons are in his closet he will be the nominee.

"After all, there’s such a thing as fighting for the “Struggle” from behind the scenes and covertly."

I agree.

If he was a college student at the time, and was working on "covert operations" of The Civil Rights Movement at the time, more power to him.

I kind of doubt it though. I could be wrong. He certainly hasn't said anything to that effect.

Personally, I have little respect for those who don't get their hands dirty when they had the chance.

I would think that a leader, especially one who wants to be The President, should have his track record looked at under the microscope and display a strong resume.

Is that too much to ask in America?

Messages In This Thread