rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Military academies (air force, Navy)

Military academies (air force, Navy)

Quote: (10-15-2011 10:11 AM)Smitty Wrote:  

Quote: (10-14-2011 12:09 PM)LostGringo Wrote:  

I didn't attend the Naval Academy, but served with many pilots who did. I entered the military directly through OCS after graduation from university. I also know a lot of guys who went through NROTC. Thus I ACTUALLY KNOW WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT, as opposed to the previous poster. Almost without exception, the Annapolis guys had their shit wired tight and kicked ass on the other guys - for two reasons; they were more disciplined and used to performing under stress. They often got the F-18's, while the other dudes got the lesser gigs. It aint a four-year frat party to be sure, but you will get a superb education, a well-paid professional job upon graduation and an unparalleled professional network for the duration of your post-military career. Perhaps the best deal of attending the Naval Academy is the "rolodex" that you will own after graduation and completion of your military service. I am currently in a new business venture with two Annapolis grads who are late 30's and killing it professionally. They both did their minimum commitments following graduation and have become wealthy men through business. They are fit, smart, hooked up with beautiful women and fun as hell.

If I was an young guy and had it to do all over again -knowing what I know now - I wouldn't hesitate to attend one of the academies. Don't worry, you'll get plenty of pussy along the way.

LostGringo is spot on -- listen to him. Although I personally would not recommend an academy to anyone who intends to serve the minimum active duty commitment.

There is a lot of bad gouge (wrong information) in this thread so it should all be taken with a grain of salt.

A bigger truth has not been spoken on this thread. LostGringo knows the truth.

Messages In This Thread