rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Occupy Wall Street thread

Occupy Wall Street thread

Quote: (10-15-2011 07:57 PM)Smitty Wrote:  

Quote: (10-15-2011 07:46 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Quote: (10-15-2011 07:39 PM)Smitty Wrote:  

Quote: (10-15-2011 05:04 PM)Chad Daring Wrote:  

Well, the government answers to wall street when it comes to playing by the rules, so Wall Street IS the source.

How so?

Smitty, you just answered your own question in your post above.

The Bailouts.

You said, "The government did not have to bail out the banks."

But they did.

Why?

Because Wall Street and the banks own the government.

I can't understand why you don't see this.

You have two pieces of a puzzle in front of you and you can't figure out how they fit together.

G- you're right, I am failing to see how wall st owns the gov't. If the gov't bailed out wall st, wouldn't it be opposite - the gov't now owns wall st? Such was the case when they bailed out GM and became a shareholder in the company. But I don't see how wall st owns the gov't. I'm sure there is corruption and the bankers have politicians in their pockets - but what specific actions point to that being the case?

I dislike wall st as much as i dislike gov't...but the corruption of gov't is clear to me and I can point out many examples to back up my argument. I cannot find solid examples of how wall st owns washington though.

"I cannot find solid examples of how wall st owns washington though."

Look at the people involved and see where they worked. And follow the money.

You will find your answers there.

Messages In This Thread