rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Why We Are Always Moving Left, And Not Likely To Stop

Why We Are Always Moving Left, And Not Likely To Stop

Quote: (06-09-2015 04:52 PM)Sonsowey Wrote:  

The blog itself is where the term "The Cathedral" came from, shorthand for the consensus that exists between our media, education system, and government that helps push us from a place where in the 1990s DOMA was considered perfectly fine, and today it is considered practically primitive.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reification_(fallacy)

"Reification (.... or the fallacy of misplaced concreteness) is a fallacy of ambiguity, when an abstraction (abstract belief or hypothetical construct) is treated as if it were a concrete, real event, or physical entity. [1][2] In other words, it is the error of treating something which is not concrete, such as an idea, as a concrete thing"

Reification is important to keep people churning and manipulate their anger, and keep them divided and conquered.

In fact on a issue like immigration in the USA, neither partly can possibly address the real issue-- there's something like 10 million illegal immigrants here--- because they both need hispanic votes, and neither can afford to alienate the strongly anti-immigration vote. So the specific issue MUST be avoided for political careers.
Out come deflector words like "patriotism, the Cathedral, etc. ". WORDS can keep happening, but there's no real NEGOTIATION.

I don't take any clear position on what immigration laws should be, I don't know enough about it, but I think instead of tap-dancing around it they should decide what they're going to do and we should be following SOME set of laws, instead of selectively enforcing what exists.

Terms like liberal, conservative, and cathedral give no foundation on which to seriously negotiate and reach agreement on specific concrete issues such as gun control/gunrights, affirmative action, immigration, male/female rights etc.

Messages In This Thread