rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Political Correctness: 2002 vs 2014. A lot has changed!

Political Correctness: 2002 vs 2014. A lot has changed!

Quote: (06-02-2015 04:33 PM)robreke Wrote:  

Quote: (11-08-2014 07:51 AM)Beyond Borders Wrote:  

^ I can still do that.

BB, Is it that you don't receive the wrath or that you just don't give a fuck?

There are a couple sides to the story.

First, I don't give a fuck in that I can't stand to be around people who take life that seriously. I honestly have no issue with gay people - I don't exactly encourage it, but life is too short for me to give a shit what other people do with their pecker or whatever and I refuse to involve my emotions in the issue. I will even hang out with gay people, but I give them shit about being gay and call them fags sometimes (more extreme when I was always drunk). It's usually obvious I'm kidding.

Life is too short to take things so seriously. I've had some uptight friends try to call me out on being un-PC before but I don't pay them much mind and usually just amplify to give them a harder time and mock the idea that I'm some kind of bigot.

It's always these same uptight people who have no qualms with giving you shit all day for anything related to being white or a male (or especially both). I don't know who made that decision but I'm not on board and refuse to play.

That's in the West.

Another part is, yes, I don't recieve the wrath ever anymore because I now live in Southeast Asia. Things like that are NEVER taboo to joke around about out here, and about certain things people are brutally honest.

Just last night I arrived back in PP and have already had two people tell me I'm fatter than last time they saw me and then some chick tell me I'm handsome but I have bad teeth (because I have a gap in my teeth). I wasn't exactly asking - she volunteered this info on her own accord.

It's not uncommon for someone to tell you that you look like a monkey if you're not Asian (whether white or black); to point at another person with same color skin as you, laugh, and say they are your friend or brother in a mocking tone; or clown on gays and ladyboys all day long. At the same time gays and ladyboys are completely accepted in society - they just don't take themselves so seriously out here.

The humor can get old sometimes and is extreme enough to be comical (not in a good way), but I still prefer it to the tiptoeing around these things that happens in the West.

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

Messages In This Thread