rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Hispanic paradox: Why immigrants have a high life expectancy

Hispanic paradox: Why immigrants have a high life expectancy

Quote: (05-30-2015 02:57 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

Studies show that people who have close friends and family into later years tend to live longer. They come from a culture where family and community is very important and people aren't as transient. I don't think you have the culture of loneliness and atomization in Mexico that you do in the USA.

I don't believe diet has anything to do with it. Mexicans, including Mexican-Americans are more obese than the American average. They binge on neon-colored sodas in Mexico and eat bread covered in sugar and other starchy carbs.

You got that right!!

[Image: 18958_130419356684071.jpg]

Mexican sweet bread is the shit though! I tend to eat some from time to time whenever I have a cheat day. Mexican food is bad for dieting. I think one beef tamale has like 370 calories, but who eats one tamale?

The Mexican immigrants though, even if they are fat, move around a lot. That's one thing I would say about them. Their kids though, that's another story.

Messages In This Thread