rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Buying a Jet

Buying a Jet

Quote: (05-20-2015 02:51 PM)Gringuito Wrote:  

Quote: (05-20-2015 08:26 AM)FlyBoy Wrote:  

Quote: (05-20-2015 04:22 AM)Hotwheels Wrote:  

I found a Lear 26 for a great price.

Well seemingly....

Kinda curious what the engine costs are per year.

Needs inspections as well.

Old learjets -2X- should be avoided. They are cheap for a reason.

Use this rule of thumb for jet costs:

Assuming you are in the USA and flying about 400 hours a year, plan on the jet costing you between 10%-15% of it's price a year. If you bought a used jet, then use the price of a new jet with comparable performance as your reference.

Example: Embraer Phenom 300, costs ~ 10 mil. Plan on spending 1.5 mil a year and you should be good to go!

You're quite right about the costs often being much higher than the initial purchase price. I've known a few people that have bought a jet that killed them in the overhead costs.

If you're interested in owning a jet send me a PM HotWheels. I've owned and currently own a jet but not the lear.

If and when I jump on this you will be the first guy I contact. It's clear you know how the story goes.

I know zero about jets, however I do know that if a guy can buy one for a 100K he might as well figure on at least another 200, or more, to get it legal and safe.

It's a small jet but I am intrigued. 1200 mile range is fine for me.

Messages In This Thread