rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Gavin McInnes v moronic 'academic femininst'

Gavin McInnes v moronic 'academic femininst'

Quote: (05-25-2015 09:43 AM)tron Wrote:  

Black women have had the option to make their hair long by braiding since time immemorial.

Having visited several African countries I am aware of the beautiful things black women can do with their hair without the use of chemicals.

Straightening with the use of chemicals and the use of weaves has at some point been a burden placed on black peopled to appear as "civilized" as white people.
However Black american culture and associated trends with straightened hair could also turn this argument around to suggest straightening has been reclaimed to actually represent how comfortable black women are with straitening their hair.

It's amazing. I love how African women take their hair to it's ultimate limits of beauty.

Totally awesome.

I had a oneitis from Ghana during my freshman year who ceased to be my oneitis by my junior year, not because I was smarter, but because over a two year period she gradually moved from using African hair styles to African American hairstyles.

It started with her increased obsession with wearing (as my friend put it) a different African American stereotype on her head every week. Nothing wrong with that, of course, fashion is what it is, but it was interesting how just one semester after she had been laughing at girls for wearing certain hats, she had her own collection of the same silly hats.

Her preoccupation eventually culminated in her hacking off all her hair.

Not attractive.

I'm the King of Beijing!

Messages In This Thread