rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Living in a gay community

Living in a gay community

Quote: (05-21-2015 11:19 PM)Lochte Wrote:  

Could be worse

I see your point

Quote: (05-22-2015 12:53 AM)VincentVinturi Wrote:  

The whole world is wide open to somebody with your skill set.

So there's no sense bemoaning shitty ratios and copious homos in shitty St Pete, Florida when you could be in Medellín a few hours from now.

I’m going to give it a try here as much as I can hold out, but it’s clear i’m quickly growing out of my position as senior dev. I don’t see why I shouldn’t open up to something like Eastern Europe or South America. Thanks

Quote: (05-22-2015 08:21 AM)zatara Wrote:  

I think if you're having ZERO luck in a city of 250,000 changing location to somewhere else in the U.S. probably wont help too much - you may need to work on your own game. The "my city is terrible, I'll do amazing in another city!!" belief is a bit of a mental crutch. Unless you're moving to somewhere with a DRASTICALLY different culture (think South-East Asia or Eastern Europe) not a whole lot will change for you.

I agree I need to continue to improve my game, although frustrating here, it’s just a sign I need to tighten it up even more. I’m willing to give this place another shot, though with all the great feedback i’m getting here, a drastic difference in culture might be a good thing for me soon. Thanks

Messages In This Thread