rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

$150k in New York or $60k Location-Independant

0k in New York or k Location-Independant

Quote: (05-21-2015 12:37 AM)RioNomad Wrote:  

Suits, being location independent doesn't mean you have to travel around. You could settle anywhere you wanted.

Exactly my intended point. I think a lot of guys want to be location independent so that they have the freedom to travel, but eventually you are going to settle somewhere.

So you need to be thinking about this game plan from the beginning. Where can you live better for $60K than you can for $150K in NY.

If you can answer that question, location independent for $60K is the better choice. If you can't, the only advantage of the location independent option is that you can temporarily scratch a travel bug itch, before you're right back where you started, hoping that you can still get an offer to live in NY for $150K per year.

Of course, if living in NY would be a dream come true for an individual, then it's a pretty obvious choice as well.

I'm the King of Beijing!

Messages In This Thread