rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Do you use financial advisors?

Do you use financial advisors?

Quote: (05-13-2015 09:07 PM)Zelcorpion Wrote:  

Fee structure is way too high for products that have lower returns than completely passive products. There are some funds that are worth even higher fees, but you need to be sufficiently knowledgeable to differentiate between the two.

Quote: (05-18-2015 08:33 PM)robreke Wrote:  

Again , they're a decent fund family, but I've got numerous 'advisor related funds' that I regularly put my clients in that , though the fees may be higher than the no load vanguard funds, have performed just as well or better than some of the vanguard funds in the same class, fees included.

Out of the hundreds of actively managed funds available, only 4 of them have actually beaten the S&P 500 in 8 consecutive years.

"In fact, just four actively managed funds — Fidelity Select Health Care, Fidelity Advisor Health Care, T. Rowe Price Health Sciences and VALIC Company I Health Sciences —have current streaks of eight consecutive calendar years of beating the S&P 500, according to Morningstar.
All are in the health-care sector — which accounts for seven of the 16 funds with active streaks of beating the index for at least four straight calendar years — suggesting that assets are a bigger factor than management in making the funds shine." : http://www.marketwatch.com/story/index-f...-11?page=2

Messages In This Thread