rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Bright Light Therapy for Regularizing Sleep and Reducing Depression and Anxiety

Bright Light Therapy for Regularizing Sleep and Reducing Depression and Anxiety

Quote: (05-18-2015 06:12 AM)fucksong Wrote:  

Still reading through entire thread but can anybody comment on this ios Blue Light Therapy app?

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/blue-lig...46731?mt=8

I don't have $100-$200 right now to buy a fancy light but due to my vampire sleeping schedule (5/6AM to 2PM/3PM), I'd like to maximize my sleeping schedule.

Thanks in advance

EDIT: Nevermind, just saw that the way to go is for the full Bright Light Therapy. Too bad they haven't created an app for this yet. Until then, I'll experiment with the ios app and using flux on laptop. thanks lizard!

The problem with using an app is even more basic than the fact that it only uses blue light wavelengths. You need an intensity of 10,000 Lux for 30 minutes or so to get the benefits of bright light therapy, and an iPhone, or any smartphone, is simply not capable of generating this kind of intensity, or anything close to it. So I don't believe there will ever be an app that can substitute for a light box; even if they used full spectrum light, the intensity is just not there.

Definitely use f.lux on all your devices, and get a light box when you can. In the meantime, try to improve your sleep by following some simple sleep hygiene rules -- make sure you sleep in a cool room; don't eat anything for about 4 hours before you go to bed; and only consume caffeine early in the day, in moderate amounts, and never on an empty stomach.

same old shit, sixes and sevens Shaft...

Messages In This Thread