rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Mainstream media anger against ROK's Mad Max article

Mainstream media anger against ROK's Mad Max article

Building on Lizard's digression, I wouldn't have seen this film either way, feminism or not. I recognise that modern movies are very rarely made for me.

I haven't been the to cinema since 2011. Now and then I'll try and watch a film, but usually wander off 20 minutes in. Yeah, there's uncharismatic actors, bad writing, barely-comprehensible action and a focus on a immature mindset, but there's something else.

Movies are miserablist and anti-life. I noticed this starting in the mid 00's when I'd go to a chick flick with a girlfriend and wonder why we were supposed to find two arseholes falling in love was 'romantic'. If you could compensate with great acting or a great script, then yeah, I can watch something 'gritty', but without both? Who the hell would go to Mad Max, knowing it was entertainment written by a Radfem? Have you ever heard anything entertaining out of their mouths?

Movies are shit. No-one acts like actual human beings, and modern films and TV lack genuine empathy for community and human beings. I'm not even sure if they understand what the human condition is. This is the anti-life, anti-hope cynical attitude of the progressives, and it poisons everything, even the films they make for families or espousing compassion and community. They don't believe in anything: country, beauty, heroes. Everything is just something to snark at, feel morally-superior to or be suspicious of.

They're incapable of joyous creation and they're incapable of entertaining without putting their depressive outlook into it.

My nephew used to watch a cartoon called 'Adventure Time'. I mentioned it to him a few months back, and he said he didn't watch it anymore: "It makes me sad."

I asked my sister, and she said: "I wouldn't let watch it any more. It got weird."

"How so?"

"It used to be the adventures of a boy and his dog, then Hipsters started watching it, and the makers started aiming it at them. Now it's full of creepy sexual messages, and... it's just really depressing."

"Sort of cynical and hopeless?"

"The boy's father abandons him and comes back and doesn't care for him, and now [my nephew] gets really distressed that [his father] might do it, and I have to keep explaining to him it's ok."

She says she didn't understand what had happened, and how it used to be a full, brightly-coloured show. I'm guessing the creators are twenty-something hipsters, and once they realised an audience of depressive, deviant-sexuality Tumblrtards had overlaid their creepy sexual feelings over - as usual - children's entertainment, they threw the child audience under the bus to have their egos stroked about how they're Really Making Art. See also: video games.

Just checked, the creator, creeping me the fuck out. Would you leave your child alone with this man?

[Image: 2417414-pen_wardx_inset_community.jpg]

(Further creepiness: child sexualiser Lena Dunham does a voice on his show. Did she want a 'cool' tool to groom young girls with, the way Michael Jackson would be photographed with ET, or pretend he was really a Transformer? Interesting).

This is part of a trend I've noticed for twenty-somethings to fetishise the innocent joys of their childhood, refuse to let them go, then demand darkness and grittiness from those same things in the next generation, thereby withholding innocence and joy from those children.

Which is how you get from something as innocent and goofy as this:

[Image: Ninja-Turtles-TMNT-Pizza.jpg]

[Image: alvingood.JPG]

to something as Anti-Life and Anti-Joy as this:

[Image: fd47f79b7474e85fb04791a7dc9fcf7b.jpg]

[Image: alvinbad.jpg]

Fast forward a couple of weeks to yesterday, and something happened with my nephew. She was very mysterious and evasive when pressed exactly what, but she's convinced it's movie and video game related, and, as such, has banned both from the house.

Not just for him, for her too. At least she isn't a hypocrite about it.

My sister and I discussed it. I mentioned how I was finding most entertainment depressing and could barely-recognise characters as human beings anymore, so didn't want much in the way of movies or tv anymore.

My sisters eyes lit up: "I thought it was just me! What is wrong with them all?"

She explained how, lately, the shows she used to watch just are really dark and negative, and, in the children's stuff, it's always that the children know better than adults, and that rudeness and disrespect is encouraged.

I talked about narcissism and violence, and how my mother had noticed Showtime shows were sneaking child sexualisation into them in shows like 'Weeds' and 'Shameless', and gradually lost all interest in television and movies, saying "Life was too short," (and in her case, it was).

I said to my sister "Given the choice, I'd rather go read a book, or go exercise, or write a song".

She nodded. "I love playing board games with him, or going out to feed the chickens. Movies make him weird. They put all these... messages in."

My ears really pricked up now, and when pressed, she said: "Anti-family; Connections between people should only exist by what use they can offer you; Buy things to be happy; Pretend you're a rebel who doesn't listen to authority but never, ever think for yourself."

[Image: mindblown.gif]

In that moment, I learnt how awake my sister was, which is what happens to women who have formed resilience through hardship, her character supported by 20 years of a stable marriage to a dominant masculine man, and having children training her to stop focusing on herself.

I'm still in shock.

We talked more about video games, and she said how he'd been saying that that since the Wii wasn't having games made for it any more he wanted an Xbox, but....

I stated the problem before she did: "There's no real games for kids."

She nodded. "Not like the Wii. Everything's M or MA rated. They're so violent. The messages are violent and creepy." She talked about the Car Park Mafia at her school handwringing over this lately. Apparently they all watched the CSI episode, and now are scared what video games might do to their children. Great job, Polygon, who stupidly think the non-Elite mass of parents want their children to grow up with defective sexualities.

[Image: laugh2.gif]

This is when I jumped in about Gamergate, and pointed out exactly what they were trying to introduce into games, and she looked very worried.

You have to understand due to his autism, my nephew very much imitates what he sees.

Look, I love my sister, but she's much more mainstream in her opinions than I am. So, it's fascinating to discover a 'normal' woman like her is noticing that something is going on. If that's happening, the Narrative is in trouble, as this huge overreaction by the media suggests.

Interestingly also, a friend of hers was there during the conversation. She's a Mundane I've always found damn boring, because she has no real opinions of her own, and, as such, her personality is in constant flux based upon the dominant peers in her immediate group.

Hearing the passionate discussion between my sister and I, she aped our opinions: she'd 'noticed' too. The narrative isn't fought by being dogmatic and miserablist - that's all the current media structures can offer anyone - it's fought with charisma, passion and the vitality for life.

Messages In This Thread