rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Mainstream media anger against ROK's Mad Max article

Mainstream media anger against ROK's Mad Max article

Quote: (05-15-2015 12:47 PM)Teedub Wrote:  

A surprising number of Daily Mail comments are in support of Clarey's thoughts. Though one did raise the point of Ripley in Alien and Sarah Connor in Terminator.

Would the manosphere have been pissed had we seen the trailers for those films? I think some probably would have been - even though they turned out to be great movies. Ripley and Connor were believable in a way that "you go girl" modern 'strong' female characters aren't. But, as QC points out, the Vasquez character was fucking stupid.

Edit - Zelcorpion kind of beat me to it.

What were their objectives?

I've never seen the first Alien movie, so I can't comment on that. But Connor was fighting for humanity, and specifically, her son's future. She still even managed to look relatively feminine while doing so, yet with a believable amount of ability. She also had help in the form of a fucking Terminator, but she wasn't that skilled or you go grrrl in the first movie. This would be a better discussion for the movie thread so if you'd like to respond I'd suggest doing so there.

As for the MSM giving RoK more exposure: good. More clicks means more men reading things they need to see.

"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar, De Bello Gallico, Book III, Ch. 18

Messages In This Thread