rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

"Yall White Males the problem": newly-minted, black female BostonU prof

"Yall White Males the problem": newly-minted, black female BostonU prof

Quote: (05-13-2015 08:29 PM)The Lizard of Oz Wrote:  

Quote: (05-13-2015 07:58 PM)Quintus Curtius Wrote:  

I have a hard time accepting the fact that a woman--any woman from any race or national origin--is qualified to write about "masculinity."

True enough, but in this case it hardly even matters that she is a female and it matters still less that her ostensible subject is "masculinity". What matters most is that she is part of an entire academic industry whose output consists of nothing but worthless tripe filled with SJW boilerplate about "heteronormativity", "hegemony", "intersectionality" and other meaningless but insidious tokens.

This whole industry has nothing to do with science or research -- not even with good faith research in the social sciences, such as they are -- and is merely a mechanism for giving generations of SJWs a sinecure from which they can waste private and public money and poison the atmosphere as best they can. It is, at best, a useless blight on the face of society, and in many cases something far more dangerous and malicious than that.

Anything that involves this jargon isn't political science at all. I shudder even to call it humanities. They have a special phrase called "identity studies", which may be the most useless field ever, considering they don't even cater to the biological realities of people and how their hormones/bodily functions effect them. It's basically free reign to make up shit based on how you feel.

I'm still doing political science and my research involves the feasibility of implementing democracy in post-Soviet nations. It's absolutely fascinating analyzing election research, corruption data, foreign money inflows and cultural precedent. My research had to be triple checked and proofread to a T, and my advisor let me know that "the less jargon, the better".

So when I see bullshit like this, it really makes me angry. This is not my field. My field is an ancient field, and will never die while governments still exist. Some people may not like humanities... but for me it feels like the only thing I was meant to do.

Messages In This Thread